The Firm traces its roots to 1973, when founding Shareholder, Alan E. South, commenced his creditor's rights practice. Below is the history of the firm.
- September 19, 1995 - South & Associates, P.C. was incorporated
- December 1, 1995 - the firm commenced operations after the separation of Hamann & South, P.C. The firm consisted of four attorneys and nine staff, and occupied an office in Kansas City, MO
- January 1, 2003 - the firm established an office in St. Louis, MO
- September 1, 2005 - the firm acquired Mellor & Miller, PA, establishing an office in Wichita, KS
- April 2009 - the firm established an office in Omaha, NE
- May 2011 - the firm established an office in West Des Moines, IA
- February 2015 - South & Associates, P.C. officially changed its name to SouthLaw, P.C.
Today, SouthLaw, P.C. is staffed with over thirty attorneys and over one hundred and thirty staff members located in six offices throughout Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska and Iowa.