The Firm traces its roots to 1973, when founding Shareholder, Alan E. South, commenced his creditor's rights practice. Below is the history of the firm.
- September 19, 1995 - South & Associates, P.C. was incorporated
- December 1, 1995 - the firm commenced operations after the separation of Hamann & South, P.C. The firm consisted of four attorneys and nine staff, and occupied an office in Kansas City, MO
- January 1, 2003 - the firm established an office in St. Louis, MO
- September 1, 2005 - the firm acquired Mellor & Miller, PA, establishing an office in Wichita, KS
- April 2009 - the firm established an office in Omaha, NE
- May 2011 - the firm established an office in West Des Moines, IA
- February 2015 - South & Associates, P.C. officially changed its name to SouthLaw, P.C.