Alan is the founding Shareholder and Managing Attorney of SouthLaw, P.C. He is located in the corporate office in Overland Park, KS. He is currently admitted to practice law in Missouri and the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri. He is also admitted to practice before the United States Supreme Court and the United States Court of Appeals, Eight and Tenth Circuits.
Alan has concentrated his practice of law in the areas of real estate finance and mortgage foreclosure since 1973 and is a noted speaker on mortgage banking, bankruptcy, and related issues. Alan was a founding member of the USFN.
Education & Professional Memberships
- B.A. Missouri Valley College, 1970
- J.D. University of Missouri - Kansas City, 1973
- American Bar Association
- American College of Mortgage Attorneys
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Mortgage Bankers Association of America
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Fraternity
- Corporate Counsel Super Lawyer, 2009 - 2010
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer, 2005 - 2009
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell